Usually, corruption in database files is very common. A database has a complex file structure, unlike other computer files. Any kind of error or problem can easily corrupt the entire database. Although the SQLite database is corruption-resistant, it can not be avoided. Corruption can take place at any time so in this blog, we’ll show you the causes behind this corruption and how we can resolve the issue of SQLite Database Corruption.
What are the factors that cause SQLite Database File Corruption?
Because the SQLite server consists of ordinary disk files, overwriting happens several times, causing multiple problems as shown below:
- You can lock the database files by using its features. But sometimes unexpected changes take place when dealing with two different processes that cause corruption.
- For locking the database, the user can use the file system but it doesn’t work with the presence of unsolved bugs. This results in SQLite Database corruption.
Overwriting of Files:
- If the client repeatedly removes and opens a file descriptor, it will cause problems with overwriting and corruption in SQLite applications.
- SQLite uses auxiliary journal files to fix the database and if the user accidentally deletes or transfers the journal files from their original location. Then SQLite server is unable to find them to continue to recover the database.
- If the transaction is not done, there is a backup running at the machine back-end. Then it will save some previous state log files and some previous transaction logs. This will build not only the transaction’s ID incongruity but also a severe case of corruption.
- Lock Details are the most reliable source for locking server files is the missing file system. It can cause a situation such as “missing lock information” and lead to SQLite server data corruption.
- POSIX locking advisory is the default locking feature used on UNIX systems by the SQLite server. But in the POSIX advisory locking, there is a development quirk that makes it vulnerable to misuse and failure. Sometimes the system call Close(), can interrupt the locking process and lead to SQLite thread corruption.
Synchronization of Data:
To perform synchronization, usually, users use sync command but it fails sometimes and many times it works as an I/O barrier that further causes an interruption in the SQLite database.
Problem with Storage Media:
Any hard disk or flash memory disruption can result in SQLite server corruption. It is necessary to have sufficient disk space for the SQLite server to work properly.
So these are the factors causing SQLite DB corruption. Now, let’s move further to know about methods to solve this corruption issue.
How to Solve SQLite Database File Corruption?
- Initially, open database browser for SQLite.
- To start to check-in command hit on the Execute tab of SQL.
- Next, type PRAGMA integrity_check in the command prompt, and hit on the PLAY button.
- Hit on File >>export option>> hit on SQL file.
- Choose items to export on the Export Dialogue box.
- And to import the database, got to the file>>import option >>hit the database file from SQL.
There is no way to open it or access the information anyhow if corruption happens in the SQLite server. If you have a valid SQLite database backup, you can recover your data from it successfully. But if there is no backup, a professional solution must be looked forward to. Using SQLite Database Recovery software to quickly backup and restore the SQLite database. It facilitates the development of SQLite2 and SQLite3 databases. You can install the trial version for free evaluation before you buy the software. If satisfies with its working then only opt for this option.
This blog ended up with the solutions to solve the SQLite Database Corruption issue. It explained all the possible solutions for the causes. Also, a direct solution has been given to provide a direct way to recover SQLite database quickly.