Both Office 365 and MS Outlook are a widely used email client but there are some reasons due to which users migrate emails from Office 365 to Outlook PST. What if you have lost entire data from Office 365? Then don’t worry, you may take help from this guide. Here you will get to know “how to Export Emails from Office 365 to PST Outlook” in detail.
Microsoft Outlook used for emailing, calendar maintaining, contacts, notes, journals, etc. Generally Outlook stores data in OST and PST formats. That’s why users are migrating from Office 365 to Outlook. For more information, some reasons are given below:
Reasons behind Export Emails from Office 365 to Outlook-
There are some possible reasons given below:
Data Backup: Cloud-based Office 365 is a convenient email client for the online storage of emails and other data. But it also has many drawbacks. In the cloud platform, data loss chances are greater when compared to a desktop email client such as Outlook when it comes to accounting taping, hacking, network packet analysis, etc. Hence, taking backup of Office 365 emails is the best practice for keeping your data safe.
Data Archiving: With respect to archiving, there is a huge difference in storage capacity because Cloud services come with subscription packages. If your storage runs out, either you need to upgrade your cloud plan for more storage, or you need to remove mailbox data to get more free space.
Now, let us begin with the manual solutions.
How to Export Emails from Office 365 to PST Outlook Manually?
Follow the below steps:
- Initially, sign in to Office Account online with Administrator details
- Now, visit Admin >> Exchange
- Hit on the Permissions tab from the left pane. Then visit Admin Roles >> Discovery Management
- Click ‘+’ sign to add Roles from Discovery Management,
- Press ‘Mailbox Import/Export’ below roles
- Within the ‘Members’, hit ‘+’ sign again and tab once on the name of the user
- Hit on “Save” after finishing the important steps
- Visit “Compliance Management >> in-place eDiscovery & hold” and hit New (+)
- Type the name >>Next button from “In-Place eDiscovery & Hold” dialogue box
- By clicking on “Search all mailboxes” or the selected ones by “Specify mailboxes to search” option choose all mailboxes and adding the ‘+’
- Then set the filters >>Next button from the next ‘Search query’ screen
- Go to “In-Place Hold Settings” to Specify the number of days for the items to be stored before being removed from the server
- Hit “Finish”
- After appearing confirmation message press the “Close” button
- Now finally all the search created is listed, you can now click on the down arrow to export the.pst files after the completion of the process
Export Emails from Office 365 to Outlook will be exported successfully by the above methods. But the eDiscovery functionality has specific problems. Some limitations of this approach given below:
Manual Solution Limitations:
- Manual process for export office 365 mailbox to Outlook PST is long and also takes a lot of time
- You can not export specific data such as emails, calendars, contacts altogether
- For proper conversion, the manual procedure for exporting office 365 mailbox to PST requires technical expertise. This may make it difficult for non-technical users to work with.
So to solve this you opt for another direct method to export office365 mailbox to PST i.e a third-party utility. You can use Office 365 Backup utility to restore and download all Office 365 mailboxes into PST format quickly without any data loss.
This blog helps you in determining the better option between Office 365 and Outlook. Also, it provides a good manual approach to Export Emails from Office 365 to PST Outlook. But it has some limitations that can be resolved by third-party software.